New Aldi supermarket now open in Central Six

Local, national, international and oddball news stories

New Aldi supermarket now open in Central Six

Postby dutchman » Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:37 pm

Paralympics GB gold and silver medallist Libby Clegg officially cut the ribbon

A new Aldi supermarket has opened its doors at Central Six Retail Park. It is based in the former home of Oufit in the busy shopping area.

Paralympics GB gold and silver medallist Libby Clegg officially cut the ribbon at the new store earlier this morning (October 5). She also gave out free bags of fresh fruit and vegetables from Aldi’s Super 6 range to the first 30 customers in the queue.

She than gave a special assembly for pupils at Earlsdon Primary School as part of the supermarket’s initiative, Get Set to Eat Fresh. She talked about benefits of eating healthy food and the importance of exercise as well as sharing her experience of competing as a Paralympian and her challenging training regime.

Store Manager Joe Dell said: “It’s been a wonderful morning here at the opening of Aldi Coventry. It was lovely to welcome our new customers into store, and I look forward to meeting more of the community in the coming weeks. I’m also thrilled that we’ve been able to support Earlsdon Primary School through our partnership with ParalympicsGB.”

ParalympicsGB star Libby Clegg added: "I’ve had a fantastic time opening the new Aldi this morning. It was an honour to officially open the store and welcome customers inside for the first time.

"It was great to speak with the children at Earlsdon Primary School about the importance of eating healthily and how it can be fun to plan and prepare meals as a family. Hopefully I’ve also managed to inspire the pupils to keep active and try different sports."

The Central Six Retail Park store is the newest Aldi to open in and around Coventry and boasts a team of 56 staff. Aldi has said that there are jobs up for grabs in stores in the area.

Applications and more information on all of Aldi’s store positions can be found here

The Aldi store is the latest addition to Central Six, which is also set to welcome a new Iceland Food Warehouse where Sports Direct used to be based.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to News