Barber shop in Earlsdon is up for sale...

Local, national, international and oddball news stories

Barber shop in Earlsdon is up for sale...

Postby dutchman » Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:31 am

The property contains four additional bedrooms that can be rented out

A barber shop in Coventry is now on the market. Located along Hearsall Lane, the shop is up for sale at £375,000.

The new owner would have the opportunity to take the hairdressers on or convert it into other premises. The ground-floor salon level is fully furnished with state-of-the-art barber fixtures and fittings including barbers chairs, cutting stations, mounted mirrors, seating areas and more.

There is also a fully-fitted kitchen to the back with a hallway and stairs leading to the first floor. There are four bedrooms above the shop producing a total rental income of £22,080 when occupied by tenants.

The shop also has a tattoo licence and space for a coffee shop, providing various opportunities for potential buyers. To the rear lies a garden with a banana tree and gate and a brick built outbuilding that contains an en-suite double bedroom.

Situated on the corner of Hearsall Lane and Sovereign Road, the shop is near to several other businesses and just one mile from Coventry city centre. The property description reads: "Veritas Business Sales are delighted to offer for sale this unique Freehold Commercial Property which is located in Earlsdon.

"The commercial element trades as a barbers shop and was established by our client back in 2010 and is now reluctantly being offered for due to ill health.

"Since ownership she has undertaken refurbishment, redecoration and invested in bespoke fixtures & fittings which are all bought and paid for and included within the sale price which is a huge plus for any new purchaser as additional funds will not need to be spent for some time.

"Rio Barbers is owner operated with an additional barber who operates on a rent a chair basis. Due to the owner's ongoing health problems the business has operated at a gentle pace and comes with huge potential.

"We believe that a young owner operator could take the business to a new level and also increase income by letting additional cutting chairs to other barbers or hairdressers. The space to the side and rear would also lend itself to maybe a coffee shop or other retail use.

"This premises are adaptable and could be converted into an alternative use subject to planning consent. With that in mind this is a great opportunity and as such early viewing is highly recommended."

dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Barber shop in Earlsdon up for sale...

Postby dutchman » Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:34 am

That shop has had many different uses over the years. I think it last sold power tools?

I can't for the life of me remember what it sold when I lived nearby in the 60s and I walked past it every day! :clown:

It may have been a florist/greengrocer or something like that? It had more windows back then.
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to News