An absolute sh*t, and always will be

Local, national, international and oddball news stories

An absolute sh*t, and always will be

Postby rebbonk » Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:39 pm

Hancock donates just 3 % of £320k I'm a Celebrity fee to charity

MATT HANCOCK was paid £320,000 to appear on I’m a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here, of which just 3 per cent has been donated to charity, it has been revealed.

The disgraced former health secretary has donated just £10,000 of the whopping sum, according to the MPs’ register of financial interests.

Mr Hancock’s appearance on the reality TV show last year was branded insulting by bereaved families who lost loved ones to Covid-19.

The MP resigned as health secretary after he was caught breaking social distancing guidance. He is widely blamed for the mass discharge of Covid-infected hospital patients into care homes and for awarding public health contracts to friends and family.

Records on the MP’s register show that he received £320,000 from Lifted Entertainment, ITV Studios, for the appearance which lasted 30 days — meaning he pocketed around £10,600 a day.

Before entering the jungle, Mr Hancock had claimed that he was appearing on the show to “seek forgiveness” and raise awareness about dyslexia.

A spokesperson for the MP said he had donated £10,000 to St Nicholas hospice in Suffolk and the British Dyslexia Association.

Source: https://morningstaronline.co.uk/article/b/hancock-donates-just-3-per-cent-320k-celebrity-fee-charity
Of course it'll fit; you just need a bigger hammer.
rebbonk

Return to News