New housing estate residents furious at 'unsafe' play area and bulging bins

Local, national, international and oddball news stories

New housing estate residents furious at 'unsafe' play area and bulging bins

Postby dutchman » Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:58 pm

Homeowners at Bluebell Wood, in Willenhall, fear the estate's unsecured park is an accident waiting to happen

Residents of a new housing development in Coventry are kicking up a stink about the state of the site. Occupants of Bluebell Wood, in Willenhall, say they chose a property at the development based on plans that showed a lush, tidy and secure green play area.

Yet some have been left deeply disappointed by what one resident described as 'a play area which is a bog when there’s heavy rain with no gates or fences'. Bluebell Wood is a development by Persimmons which has a range of two, three and four-bedroom homes in the city.

One resident, who purchased a property in March 2021, has complained to the firm's head office twice about the state of the development where bins have been left to overflow. "I can’t remember the last time the bin was collected, probably months ago," they told CoventryLive. "The estate is not what we were expecting and is unsafe for children.

"I fear for young children running into the road and there’s been lots of complaints on the Bluebell Wood Facebook page about kids running around. There's going to be an accident waiting to happen.

"If there were fences and gates there, that wouldn't happen." The resident, who asked to remain anonymous, has been complaining for two months, but says nothing has been done.

"It’s beginning to look like a traveller’s site and I fear for the safety of young children," she added. Another resident purchased a property at BlueBell for £270,000 with her husband and two young children and moved into the estate in 2021.

Her property faces the play area. She and her husband have complained over 40 times via letter and phone about the condition of the play area.

"I have had managers come to the property, as it’s not just the park, they haven’t finished things in the house," she said. "They write things down, but no one bothers.

"They pass your quote from one person to another which goes on for 18 months. As they are leaving in the next couple of months, they just ignore it and think they will get away with it."

The occupant says she feels frustrated and just wants what they were promised. She said they brought the property so her children can play safely in the park, but says that has not been the case.

"My children have probably only been there twice, but we also have the issue of drivers not abiding by the 30mph limit and children can easily run out into the road. There’s no gates and it’s not safe whatsoever. I'd rather take my kids somewhere else."

In addition to concern about there being no gates, a pond runs through the estate and is right next to the park. "The water dips and it has a fence across," one resident said. "It’s just not a great sight to see at all.

"The developers are just going to leave us with a right mess and not take action of their irresponsibility."

dutchman
Site Admin

Re: New housing estate residents furious at 'unsafe' play area and bulging bins

Postby dutchman » Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:01 pm

Occupants of Bluebell Wood, in Willenhall, say they chose a property at the development based on plans that showed a lush, tidy and secure green play area.

Well, duh! When has a finished development ever looked like the original plans?
dutchman
Site Admin

Re: New housing estate residents furious at 'unsafe' play area and bulging bins

Postby rebbonk » Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:43 pm

Caveat emptor! - Especially when buying houses!
Of course it'll fit; you just need a bigger hammer.
rebbonk

Return to News