Nuneaton man seriously injured as another Brit killed in brutal Thailand knife attack

Local, national, international and oddball news stories

Nuneaton man seriously injured as another Brit killed in brutal Thailand knife attack

Postby dutchman » Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:19 pm

The thug was armed with a sickle-shaped blade

A Nuneaton man has been seriously injured in a brutal Thailand knife attack which left another Brit dead.

The man, who has not been named but is from the town, is understood to be at Paholpolpayuhasena Hospital where he is being treated for serious injuries.

Another man, believed to be from Somerset, sadly died as a result of the knife attack in the south-east Asian country, according to the Daily Record.

It is said that the two men were listening to music and drinking at a table after 3am yesterday (Saturday July 22) when they were attacked in the Muang district of Kanchanaburi, in the south west of Thailand.

It has been suggested by police that the initial argument between the two men and their attacker may have been about the volume of music.

Officers then reportedly found the deceased man lying in a pool of blood.

A Thai man, aged 23, was later arrested at 8.49am after hiding in the room of a relative opposite where the attack took place, the Bangkok Post reports.

He has since been charged with murder and attempted murder, the publication says.

The Foreign and Commonwealth Office has issued a statement in regards to the incident yesterday.

A spokesman said: “We are contact with the Royal Thai Police following the death of one British man and the hospitalisation of another in Thailand and are ready to provide consular support.”

dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Nuneaton man seriously injured as another Brit killed in brutal Thailand knife attack

Postby dutchman » Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:33 am

Nuneaton man who watched pal die in horror Thai knife attack issues touching tribute

A Nuneaton man who watched in horror as his pal died after being attacked with a knife in Thailand has issued a touching tribute to him - 'shine bright my friend'

From his bedside in Paholpolpayuhasena Hospitall, Shaun Dagnan, known locally as 'Daggy', posted a message to his late friend, Marcus Evans.

Mr Evans sadly died after the pair were attacked in the Muang district of Kanchanaburi, in the south west of Thailand.

In a post on his page on Facebook, the former Hartshill School pupil thanked people for their well-wishes.

But the regular around pubs in Stockingford said his 'heart goes out' to Mr Evans and his family.

"Thank you you all for your your kind words and prayers I love you all but my heart goes out to my friend Marcus and is family rest in piece (sic) big man shine bright my friend

"Please feel free to leave a blue heart as a touch of respect. Thank you."

Hundreds of blue hearts flooded onto the post, in which he also added he was 'heartbroken' for the Evans family.

A Thai man, aged 23, was charged with murder and attempted murder just hours after the attack on Saturday.

A spokesman for the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office said: "We are contact with the Royal Thai Police following the death of one British man and the hospitalisation of another in Thailand and are ready to provide consular support."

According to the Mirror, Mr Evans' devastated partner and mum of his kids wrote a tribute this weekend, saying: "And just like that another person I loved dearly…. Gone xxx."

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to News