Owner's anger as CCTV footage captures thieves breaking into her popular cafe

Local, national, international and oddball news stories

Owner's anger as CCTV footage captures thieves breaking into her popular cafe

Postby dutchman » Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:50 pm

The burglary happened in Earlsdon this week

Shocking CCTV footage from a burglary in Coventry captures the moment thieves broke into a local independent cafe.

The incident happened in Earlsdon in the early hours of Thursday (30 December).

The footage shows two hooded men smashing their way into Emily's Cafe in Earlsdon, before heading straight to the till and fleeing with it in hand.

Co-owner Emily, who runs the business with her mum, says the break-in has left them "shocked, upset and shaken up".

Police confirm the crime has been reported to them and they are asking anyone with information to come forward.

Emily told CoventryLive: "I've got Covid so my mum, who is my business partner, is the one who found it. The door was smashed and the till was gone.

"I was really shocked - I couldn't believe someone would do this. They have made all this damage just for the float we keep in the till.

"My mum was really upset and shaken up.

"With everything that has happened with Covid lately, this is something we really didn't need, especially around Christmas and New Year."

The thieves snatched the money after fleeing and dumped the till nearby.

"My mum went to look around the area and found the till in the post office car park," Emily explained. "They'd smashed it and took the money, about £50, and threw the till away."

A spokesman for West Midlands Police said: "It was reported to us, and the crime number is 20/1994037/21. Anyone with information should get in touch via Live Chat at http://www.west-midlands.police.uk 8am - midnight or on 101 anytime."

After three years in business, the cafe is a much-loved part of the Earlsdon community.

dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Owner's anger as CCTV footage captures thieves breaking into her popular cafe

Postby dutchman » Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:51 pm

Again, what's the point of releasing a blurred-out image? :roll:
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to News