Man from Warwick jailed for horrific sex offences against two teenage girls

Local, national, international and oddball news stories

Man from Warwick jailed for horrific sex offences against two teenage girls

Postby dutchman » Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:56 pm

The predator sexually assaulted two teenage girls in Warwick and Stratford

A man has been jailed for sexually assaulting two teenagers.

Ashley Walker, aged 24 and of St Laurence Avenue, Warwick, appeared at Coventry Crown Court on Monday 13 December for sentencing.

The court heard that on 4 April 2018 and 30 August 2018, he sexually assaulted two teenage girls on two separate occasions at houses in Warwick and Stratford.

Both of the girls reported the crimes to the police via family members.

Walker was subsequently charged with the offences and in November, he pleaded guilty at Coventry Crown Court.

Last Monday, he was sentenced to five years and four months’ imprisonment.

He was also given a 15-year Sexual Harm Prevention Order (SHPO), will be on the Sex Offenders Register for life, and also has a 15-year restraining order against the victims.

Following the outcome, investigating officer Det Con Catherine Mitchell from Warwickshire Police said: “To this day, the victims and their families are still understandably affected by the crimes that Ashley Walker committed on them.

“The victims have shown strength and courage in reporting his offending and in supporting the investigation, and I would like to thank them for this.

“I’m pleased that Walker will now face justice for his actions, and I hope this outcome will help to provide the victims with a sense of closure.

“Warwickshire Police is committed to providing help and support to victims and in bringing offenders to justice. We will always thoroughly investigate, no matter when the abuse took place.”

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to News