"Dodgy accountant stole over £58k from Coventry firm where she claimed she was bullied"

Local, national, international and oddball news stories

"Dodgy accountant stole over £58k from Coventry firm where she claimed she was bullied"

Postby dutchman » Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:18 pm

She told the court: "I feel so bad. I cannot forgive myself. I am sorry"

An accountant who stole more than £58,000 from her Coventry employers said that spending money made her feel better over being bullied at work.

But despite having also put in place another £16,500 of payments due to go into her account by the time she was caught, mum-of-two Agnieszka Kosinska has escaped being jailed.

Kosinska, 40, of Foxons Barn Road, Rugby, appeared at Warwick Crown Court after pleading guilty to charges of theft, attempted theft and false accounting.

Kosinska, who has two teenage children, said she was not a qualified chartered accountant, and added: “I feel so bad. I cannot forgive myself. I am sorry.

“I just want to say when I steal this money I know I was doing wrong. I feel so ashamed. I just took this money because I was bullied at work and I felt better when I spent money.”

A judge said he found no findings that she had been bullied and even if she was "it does not help your cause because it means you were getting revenge on the company".

She was sentenced to 20 months in prison suspended for two years, with a rehabilitation activity for 40 days, and was ordered to do 150 hours of unpaid work.

She also faces a confiscation hearing under the Proceeds of Crime Act which was adjourned until May for an investigation into her finances.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to News