Fans at sporting events: Maximum of 4,000 to be allowed in England

Local, national, international and oddball news stories

Fans at sporting events: Maximum of 4,000 to be allowed in England

Postby dutchman » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:18 pm

A maximum of 4,000 fans will be allowed at outdoor events in the lowest-risk areas when the four-week lockdown in England ends on 2 December

Up to 2,000 people will be allowed in tier two areas but none in tier three.

Indoor venues in tiers one and two can have a maximum of a 1,000 spectators, with capacity across indoor and outdoor venues limited to 50%.

Organised grassroots sport will be able to resume, while gyms and leisure centres can reopen across all tiers.

Elite sport has continued behind closed doors during the national lockdown, but grassroots and amateur sport has been halted since 5 November.

UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson made the announcement outlining the government's new measures and Covid-19 restrictions in England on Monday via video link to the House of Commons

MPs will vote on the plans later this week.

"In tiers one and two, spectator sports and business events will be free to resume inside and outside with capacity limits and social distancing," said Johnson.

"Later this week, we will announce which areas will fall into which tier - I hope on Thursday - based on analysis of cases in all age groups, especially the over-60s.

"Also, [it will involve] looking at the rate at which cases are rising or falling, the percentage of those tested in a local population who have Covid and current and projected pressures on the NHS."

:bbc_sport_logo:
dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Fans at sporting events: Maximum of 4,000 to be allowed in England

Postby dutchman » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:20 pm

Followed by another spike, followed by another lockdown and so on, ad infinitum. :clown:

Am I missing something or do spectators not travel from one area to another? :roll:
dutchman
Site Admin

Postby rebbonk » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:14 pm

This (and many of the other 'restrictions') is a complete joke.

If this virus was the killer that we've been led to believe there would be no concessions at all. This half-hearted approach will simply reinforce the conspiracy theories and people will 'flout' the rules.

As you say, Dutchman, round and round, lockdown, ease, lockdown, ease... rinse and repeat ad nauseum.

It's time that the nettle was grasped and those most at risk shielded, whilst the rest of us are left to get on with our lives.

I thought I'd seen some bad PMs in my time, but Johnson is rapidly rising through the ranks.
Of course it'll fit; you just need a bigger hammer.
rebbonk

Postby Melisandre » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:21 pm

Its coming your way it will be you next when you let government control over every thing first they came for this doctor who dare to speak out . Why are they stopping 12000 doctors and scientist who have signed a petition giving their opinion of the truth.
Remember the swine flu?

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZSb9RToy/

If its not to do with track and trace Britex and the re set of the ecconomy why recently in the news here in the UK did it report for schools to start stocking up. Plus palming off urgently a vacine thats only been tested for a few months and all these test which can get your dna from

My grand daughter was sick at school vomitting she was sent home and my daughter was told by the school she was not to return to school until she had been tested for covid 19 so my daughter phoned the test centre and they stated this was not a symptom of Covid 19 so my daughter repphoned the school telling them what the test centre stated at school their reply was they are being misinformed by the health authorities . To me its tyranny forced upon us and I would of not let her returned to school if that was me.

Melisandre

Return to News