"DWP announces roll out of new online verification system"

Local, national, international and oddball news stories

"DWP announces roll out of new online verification system"

Postby dutchman » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:22 am

Today, the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) has announced the roll out of new technology

Today, the DWP has announced an update to the online application process, which it says makes the task easier.

The new identity verification system will let people confirm their details digitally via existing government accounts.

Since April this year, more than 600,000 new claimants have used the new Confirm Your Identity service to help them to make their Universal Credit application.

The DWP says the new system speeds up identity verification by using the Government Gateway with either an existing account, or by creating a new one.

The Government Gateway is already used to access a range of other services, including managing tax credits or making Self-Assessment tax returns.

As such, many people will already have an account.

Claimants are required to enter their details and the system "will do the rest".

The DWP says people find out "almost instantly" if their identity has been confirmed, ahead of moving onto the next stage of the application process.

The Gov.UK Verify system can also be used to prove one's identity.

dutchman
Site Admin

Re: "DWP announces roll out of new online verification system"

Postby dutchman » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:28 am

It didn't work for me when I asked for a pension statement some months ago because apparently:

• It uses a third-party credit rating company
  • I don't have any outstanding debts
  • I'm not willing to make my personal details public
Also I've noticed many of these verification systems assume you have a mobile phone and there is no alternative option. I have a mobile phone but there is no SMB text reception where I live.
dutchman
Site Admin

Re: "DWP announces roll out of new online verification system"

Postby Melisandre » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:34 pm

I cant say I blame you Dutchman as I dont trust any thing that goes through on line form filling.
Melisandre

Return to News