Covid-19 rule-breaking car washes closed after tip-offs

Local, national, international and oddball news stories

Covid-19 rule-breaking car washes closed after tip-offs

Postby dutchman » Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:53 pm

Action has been taking place this week

Enforcement officers have taken action against car washes breaking pandemic rules across Nuneaton and Bedworth.

Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council officials have visited 'several' car washes across the borough this week following tip-offs that they have been open, despite the current restrictions.

They have now all been ordered to close - or they could be fined.

"The move was taken after a decision made by Coventry and Warwickshire Regulatory Services when they discussed the required business closures from November 4 to December 3 2020," Town Hall spokesperson said.

“Car washes must close in accordance with Schedule Part 2 of the regulations which specifies car washes and other work situations.

"There is no difference in the regulations between mechanical and hand wash services. It’s important that we do not create “grey areas” and hold with the meaning and spirit of the regulations.

“Finally, a person can only leave their home for specific reasons. Having your car washed is not included and using a car was facility can be interpreted as a non-essential function and could result in a fine.’’

dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Covid-19 rule-breaking car washes closed after tip-offs

Postby dutchman » Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:58 pm

I've seen one open but I'm not a grass so I won't say where. :roll:
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to News