"Boris Johnson to unveil plan to power all UK homes with wind by 2030"

Local, national, international and oddball news stories

"Boris Johnson to unveil plan to power all UK homes with wind by 2030"

Postby dutchman » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:59 am

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... nd-by-2030

If there's two things Johnson has never been short of, one of them is wind! :clown:
dutchman
Site Admin

Re: "Boris Johnson to unveil plan to power all UK homes with wind by 2030"

Postby Melisandre » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:23 am

Madge who sat in the house of commons for the Fabian Society said a few years back to me how disappointed she was they stopped tidal sea power.
Some one said on radio the other day how Boris is useless being a CEO making decisions.
Melisandre

Postby rebbonk » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:26 pm

The man and his advisors are idiots. Wind is unpredictable, unreliable and at times completely unuseable. We need most electricity during the winter months, guess when wind is at its most unpredictable/useable?

Spot on Melisandre. Had the muppet from No.10 looked at wave or tidal power I'd be in full support. Tides are regular, reliable and predictable.
Of course it'll fit; you just need a bigger hammer.
rebbonk

Postby Melisandre » Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:11 pm

rebbonk wrote:
Spot on Melisandre. Had the muppet from No.10 looked at wave or tidal power I'd be in full support. Tides are regular, reliable and predictable.

May be they dropped it because they cant make as much money out of us with tidal power as they can wind or may be the wind power belongs to one of their pals or a strutting peacock from Whitehall yet other countries use tidal power which works well.
Last edited by Melisandre on Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Melisandre

Postby dutchman » Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:46 pm

There's no need for any large-scale projects. A lot of the power is wasted in transmission and it's not as if Britain has any big industries left to power anyway.
dutchman
Site Admin

Postby Melisandre » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:23 pm

dutchman wrote:There's no need for any large-scale projects. A lot of the power is wasted in transmission and it's not as if Britain has any big industries left to power anyway.

Says a lot for Britains long term future then.
Melisandre

Postby rebbonk » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:19 am

I think the problem is going to occur when we all have electric vehicles. How are we going to provide all the electricity to recharge them overnight? Maybe that's why they want everyone to switch over to smart metering? As it is, if we hit a cold spell we struggle to keep up with demand. The whole industry has been underfunded for years and many power stations closed down, but very few new ones opened.
Of course it'll fit; you just need a bigger hammer.
rebbonk

Postby Melisandre » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:12 pm

I do believe we are being used in the UK as an experiement which I cant see it lasting as years ago General Motors built electric cars to replace the gas guzzling cars and all were distroyed as they forced the people to buy fueled cars in the USA to keep big money going to the oil companies .

There are more hybrid cars being made Rebbonk I ve recently been informed which the fuel recharges the batteries which will use more fuel and cost us more.

Tesco is experiementing on drones delivering grouceries on the Isle of Wight as you say come winter when the cold sets in the batteries wont hold their charge as good like electric wheel chairs the battery goes down a lot quicker than in warm or mild weather.

When I first had a pc there was a Doctor not sure if he was a doctor of biology in America who was from some where in Europe not sure if it was Austria he designed trains to go under oceans and built houses for the future to be powered from the ground he stated that a volcano could power the whole world . The project was called The Eden Project in the USA but all other scientists etc was against his ideas. He also had his hand in the Eden Project here . When I ve tried to refind his designs and project from the USA all I get is the Eden Project here in the UK.
Melisandre

Return to News