"Leisure centres to launch NHS track and trace system"

Local, national, international and oddball news stories

"Leisure centres to launch NHS track and trace system"

Postby dutchman » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:24 pm

It follows the new government restrictions

Nuneaton and Bedworth's leisure centres are to launch the NHS track and trace system for its users.

Everyone Active has said that customers should beware that, as of tomorrow (September 24) they will be operating NHS Test and Trace

This will be at all leisure centres, including the Pingles Leisure Centre in Nuneaton and Bedworth Leisure Centre, the partially open Etone Leisure Centre and also the Jubilee.

How it will work

• Customers, one person from a group of up to six people, will be asked to provide their name and contact details via the NHS COVID-19 mobile phone app.
  • When visiting the centres, pepole will need to scan the NHS QR posters located at the entrance and within key areas of the building using the app.
  • Upon scanning,they will be asked to provide their name and contact details so they can be notified if they have been exposed to the virus
  • Records will be kept for 21 days by Everyone Active and who reserve the right to provide the data to NHS Test and Trace if requested.
This service is a legal requirement by all leisure centres and is seen as essential to help reduce the spread of the virus.

dutchman
Site Admin

Re: "Leisure centres to launch NHS track and trace system"

Postby dutchman » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:26 pm

What if people don't have a mobile phone or prefer not to download the NHS spyware on to it if they do? :roll:
dutchman
Site Admin

Postby rebbonk » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:54 pm

I don't have a mobile, I'm not important enough to need one! ;)
Of course it'll fit; you just need a bigger hammer.
rebbonk

Postby dutchman » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:57 pm

I'm sick to death of being told I can't use this, that or the other service because I don't have a mobile phone number! :fuming:
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to News