Boris Johnson announces raft of new COVID restrictions...

Local, national, international and oddball news stories

Boris Johnson announces raft of new COVID restrictions...

Postby dutchman » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:58 pm

'We've reached a perilous turning point', says Boris Johnson

The UK has reached "a perilous turning point", Prime Minister Boris Johnson said, as he set out a raft of new coronavirus restrictions for England which could last for up to six months.

Shop staff will have to wear face masks and weddings will be limited to a maximum of 15 people, under new rules.

Fines for breaking laws on gatherings and not wearing mask will increase to £200 for a first offence.

He also warned "significantly greater restrictions" could come if necessary.

Under the new measures:

• Penalties for not wearing a mask or gathering in groups of more than six will increase to £200 on the first offence
  • From Thursday, all pubs, bars and restaurants will be restricted to table service only. Takeaways can continue
  • Hospitality venues must close at 22:00 - which means shutting then, not calling for last orders"
  • Office workers are being told to work from home if possible
  • The planned return of spectators to sports venues will now not go ahead from October 1
  • Face coverings must be worn by shop staff, taxi drivers and passengers
  • Customers in indoor hospitality venues will also have to wear masks, except when seated at a table to eat or drink
  • Exemptions to the "rule of six" will be cut back, meaning indoor team sports such as five-a-side football matches will end.

Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer said he supported "necessary" stricter measures, but added that families were worried "the government doesn't have a strategy".

"One day people were encouraged to work in the office, in fact more than encouraged they were openly challenged by the prime minister for not doing so. Today they're told the opposite," he said.

"This is a time of national crisis but we need clear leadership."

:bbc_news:
dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Boris Johnson announces raft of new COVID restrictions...

Postby rebbonk » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:29 pm

I don't know what Boris' game is, but I now consider him to be an even bigger buffoon than I ever did.

These restrictions aren't going to affect me at all, neither are they going to stop the underlying problem. The British people need to wake up and question what is going on here.
Of course it'll fit; you just need a bigger hammer.
rebbonk

Re: Boris Johnson announces raft of new COVID restrictions...

Postby Melisandre » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:22 pm

First if all I thought it was to kill the elderly and weak as by forcing isolation on the over 70s which was provern in the UK in 2012 it is the biggest killer stress and fear kills too which is a proven fact .

Then I thought is it a cover up for the failing of the banks again as thats been mentioned by Lynette Zang as they fear asking the people again to help. Then she stated this covid was a good cover up for the re set of the economy by the USA as the feds messed up big time.

Now this 6 person thing another set of rules which on the recent radio link I placed on earlier its really to do with Diwali and to stop the students having their parties so if Diwali cant go ahead there would be up roar if Christmas Guy Fawks and Halloween went ahead .
Yet you can go hunting grouse shooting do certain sports .
Its become fine you for this and fine you for that country.

So as usual they like bringing things about to distract us of whats really going on when they are up to no good behind our backs so is it to do with this.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.trtwor ... -39932/amp

I know what Australian news thinks of these lock downs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSK8pzoLBUI
Melisandre

Return to News