Claims country park has been 'spoiled' after fences erected around lakes

Local, national, international and oddball news stories

Claims country park has been 'spoiled' after fences erected around lakes

Postby dutchman » Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:14 pm

The Prologis Park is located on the site of the former Coventry Colliery

Claims have been made that a country park in Coventry has been 'spoiled' after fences were erected around lakes there.

The fences were put up at the country park around the Prologis Business Park in Keresley to deter people from swimming, according to the owners.

There are also signs warning people not to go beyond the wooden fencing.

They say 'No Trespassing' and 'Do Not Enter The Water'.

One person who uses the facility regularly is Darren Vel Satis, who lives locally.

He said he was dismayed when he saw the fences being erected at the Prologis Park - which mean there is no longer access to the paths around the lakes.

“This is completely the wrong approach to take - locals have lost a fantastic facility,” said Darren.

“I’m disappointed Prologis did not have the courtesy to respond to my emails or answer the phone, they have not consulted local people on this.

“I’ve been going every day during the pandemic and over the past 15 years since I moved here.

“I’ve never seen reckless behaviour. Then one day a fence goes up unexpectedly?”

Darren said he has always felt the country park, located on the site of the former Coventry Colliery, provided an escape from the city and was a great facility that enabled people to connect with the natural world.

He added: “We must be able connect with nature and get closer to it for our well-being and the current crisis has illustrated this with people spending more time outdoors, walking and feeling the benefits.

“I go to watch the bats at night and to see the heron catching fish, to take pictures and relax. It’s important to teach young people to respect the local environment.”

Darren also questioned the principle of fencing the lakes off and said he doubted the measure would be effective.

“We can’t possibly just fence everything off in the name of health and safety,” he said.

“Do they really think this fence is going to stop children, they are at more risk now?

“I think it’s more dangerous now because if someone goes through they are more isolated and less likely to be safe.

“They haven’t really thought it through at all, when people are around they can raise the alarm. “The fence is just ugly and spoils the view of the lake.”

dutchman
Site Admin

Welcome sign - Coventry style...

Postby dutchman » Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:16 pm

dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Welcome sign - Coventry style...

Postby rebbonk » Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:42 pm

:roll:
Of course it'll fit; you just need a bigger hammer.
rebbonk

Re: Welcome sign - Coventry style...

Postby Melisandre » Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:10 pm

Cant see that lasting long.
Melisandre

Return to News