Police hunting three who fled road crash leaving biker critically hurt

Local, national, international and oddball news stories

Police hunting three who fled road crash leaving biker critically hurt

Postby dutchman » Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:44 pm

A 53--year-old biker is critically ill in hospital after a collision with a VW Golf in Coventry last night

Coventry Police are appealing for witnesses after a crash in the city last night (Saturday, June 20) that has left a biker fighting for life in hospital.

The bike collided with a black VW Golf in Bedworth Road, between Oban Road and Ibstock Road, at 7.45pm.

The 53-year-old biker was left seriously injured on the ground while the Golf driver and two passengers fled the scene.

West Midlands Police has launched an investigation to identify and arrest the men and has seized the VW Golf for forensic examination.

Sergeant Dean Caswell, from the Serious Collision Investigation Unit, said: “We are currently in the process of piecing together exactly what happened but we need anyone who may have witnessed the collision to get in touch.

“In particular I am keen to hear from anyone with dash cam footage who was in the area around the time of the collision and may have caught the black VW Golf on video.

“The biker is in a critical condition in hospital with multiple injuries. We need to find the driver of the Golf and I would urge him to do the right thing and come and speak to us. We want to hear your account of what happened.”

Anyone with information is urged to call the Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 0121 322 6098.

dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Police hunting three who fled road crash leaving biker critically hurt

Postby rebbonk » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:24 pm

There's a lot of CCTV there, I hope there's some useable footage.

The investigation team were there this afternoon.
Of course it'll fit; you just need a bigger hammer.
rebbonk

Return to News