Blackmailer posts letter threatening to burn people's houses down after slashing car tyres

Local, national, international and oddball news stories

Blackmailer posts letter threatening to burn people's houses down after slashing car tyres

Postby dutchman » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:27 pm

The handwritten letter demands a payment of £3,000

A sickening note threatening to douse people's houses in petrol and burn them down has been posted to homes in Coventry.

The handwritten note says: "If you do not give me three thousands pounds (£3,000), I will drench your house in petrol and set it ablaze."

It was posted through letterboxes at a number of homes in Moreall Meadow, in Gibbet Hill, after tyres had also been slashed on cars in the street.

An email address is provided with instructions to send a message saying the targeted residents will "cooperate" and they will then be given the "instructions you need to fulfil your new task".

The menacing note also says that the police cannot protect the recipients and adds: "Sooner or later, you will be on your own, against me and my ire".

West Midlands Police is aware of the note and is investigating.

dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Blackmailer posts letter threatening to burn people's houses down after slashing car tyres

Postby dutchman » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:27 pm

Who uses language like that, apart from Kenneth Williams? :clown:
dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Blackmailer posts letter threatening to burn people's houses down after slashing car tyres

Postby rebbonk » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:53 pm

Doesn't quite feel right to me
Of course it'll fit; you just need a bigger hammer.
rebbonk

Return to News