Fury as 150 mourners gather at traveller funeral

Local, national, international and oddball news stories

Fury as 150 mourners gather at traveller funeral

Postby dutchman » Wed May 13, 2020 9:34 pm

Lockdown guidance states just ten people are allowed at a funeral

Police have confirmed around 150 mourners attended a funeral in Bedworth yesterday - breaking lockdown guidlelines.

A fuming resident, who did not want to be named, claimed police officers "didn't do anything" to break up the large gathering at Marston Lane cemetery yesterday (May 12).

He claimed it was a traveller funeral and officers "just let them get on with it".

Guidance from Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council currently states 10 people are allowed at a funeral because of lockdown restrictions.

Warwickshire Police confirmed officers had attended the cemetery, but said the service was concluding by the time they arrived.

They said officers reminded the group of the "importance of following social distancing advice".

A spokesman for the force added: “The officers remained to ensure the mourners dispersed and there were no further issues.”

The anonymous resident who witnessed the gathering at the funeral told CoventryLive: "There was a traveller funeral at Marston Lane cemetery, two police officers were there, but they didn't do anything," the resident said.

"They just let them get on with it, I cannot believe it. One rule for one, not the other. How is that fair?"

dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Fury as 150 mourners gather at traveller funeral

Postby rebbonk » Wed May 13, 2020 10:00 pm

Says it all really, and the powers that be wonder why we're p*ssed off with them.
Of course it'll fit; you just need a bigger hammer.
rebbonk

Postby Melisandre » Thu May 14, 2020 2:25 pm

So it pays to be a traveler then . More like the police made sure they were to late .
Melisandre

Postby rebbonk » Thu May 14, 2020 6:36 pm

They are a protected group Melisandre.

The worst thing you can be in this country is a straight, white, heterosexual male. :fuming:
rebbonk

Postby Melisandre » Fri May 15, 2020 2:39 pm

rebbonk wrote:They are a protected group Melisandre.

That should nt make one bit of difference Rebbonk if every other person no matter what creed has to abide by rules why should nt they I wonder if it was Ebola would it be allowed.

rebbonk wrote:The worst thing you can be in this country is a straight, white, heterosexual male. :fuming:

Sad to say I fully agree with you there a thing they that makes tge rules will live to regret.
Melisandre

Postby rebbonk » Fri May 15, 2020 4:39 pm

I'm afraid the police are too scared to go after 'minority' groups for fear of being labelled '...ist'.

However, they'd happily chase me down for using a 'naughty' word on facebook that someone decided to object to.

Political correctness riles me.
rebbonk

Postby Melisandre » Fri May 15, 2020 11:00 pm

Yes I know they are and I find it very offensive to others and who are these sick twisted sadistic people who are behind all this political correctness .

Yes I ve known people be taken off face book for speaking the truth so really what they really want are liars corrupted people that will bow to their schemes.

Last edited by Melisandre on Sat May 16, 2020 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Melisandre

Postby dutchman » Sat May 16, 2020 1:15 am

A reminder please that discussion of disputes on other message boards is not permitted.
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to News