Government publishes guidance on how to make face coverings using old T-shirts

Local, national, international and oddball news stories

Re: Government publishes guidance on how to make face coverings using old T-shirts

Postby dutchman » Wed May 13, 2020 3:15 pm

Melisandre wrote:Thank you Dutchman . So they could end up homeless :fuming:

They can apply as a couple for the so-called 'housing element' of Universal Credit and both could be sanctioned if one of them fails to meet the requirements for claiming Universal Credit.

In theory the older partner cannot be forced to look for work but in practice there could be circumstances where they are.
dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Government publishes guidance on how to make face coverings using old T-shirts

Postby Melisandre » Wed May 13, 2020 3:50 pm

What an evil world they have made for the elderly as do they the poor a country is judge by how they treat the sick elderly and poor I hope Karma comes to them all.
Melisandre

Postby rebbonk » Wed May 13, 2020 5:14 pm

Melisandre wrote: I often think is a government mp or pm or councilor has a mate or family member that own that business and is given the contract making them rich by making money out of us council tax payers. Bit kike Boris pay £250.000 for the nhs app that did nt work owned by his adivser Dominic Cummings brother.

I think we all know and accept that corruption is rife, but finding proof is very difficult. I was once told that the fiddling and corruption that goes on in Westminster is minuscule when compared to local councils. In later life, I was a process improvement and waste removal consultant. I did gain (after a lot of trouble) and audience with a reasonably high up council official. I gave him my usual spiel, which he politely listened to. His comment said it all... "Completely agree mate, but it'll take a braver man than me to tackle it!"

Oh for a decent, motivated, investigative press!
Of course it'll fit; you just need a bigger hammer.
rebbonk

Postby Melisandre » Wed May 13, 2020 11:20 pm

Yes a I can believe that Rebbonk my mums friend an ex Coventry Lady Mayoress back in the 60s said about the waste of money spent on food then thrown away to entertain council officials and visitors my mum asked why not say some thing then her reply was we are told to keep our mouths shut or else.
Melisandre

Postby rebbonk » Thu May 14, 2020 12:00 am

It's in all walks of life Melisandre.

I did a spell in the drinks industry catching out wayward pub and club licensees. It wasn't hard, most were incredibly lax and sloppy in their methods. But I did find the odd one or two sophisticated methods used. As in most things in life, 'follow the money' is good advice and greed is often the Achilles heel. But when it's all cash you can draw inferences, but the proof can remain stubbornly elusive.

To my eternal embarrassment, I was in a pub fixing a one-armed bandit late one night. I did what was necessary, carried out a test, closed it down and said my goodnights to the landlady. Next morning, the first call on my rota was that pub again. As I entered, the landlady gave me a beaming smile and handed me a bag of cash, explaining that was my share of the booty. I'd only left the previous night leaving the damned machine set on jackpot payout, hadn't I! :oops: Rather a difficult conversation with the boss ensued.

I had stumbled onto an easy and virtually untraceable fraud, especially if operated in clubs where the jackpots were so much higher and security far laxer. - And in later years, I saw quite a few variations of this.
rebbonk

Postby dutchman » Thu May 14, 2020 4:29 am

dutchman wrote:They can apply as a couple for the so-called 'housing element' of Universal Credit and both could be sanctioned if one of them fails to meet the requirements for claiming Universal Credit.

I forgot to mention that a mixed-age couple claiming the 'housing element' of Universal Credit is still subject to the so-called 'Bedroom Tax' whereas a single pensioner living in the exact same property isn't! :clown:
dutchman
Site Admin

Postby Melisandre » Thu May 14, 2020 2:20 pm

Follow the money is what I said when I discovered how much was being paid if you die of pneumonia increasing if you die of Covid 19 then increasing again if you have a ventilator. Yes its in all areas .

Lol I bet your boss was nt pleased. At least the land lady was being honest with you.
Melisandre

Postby Melisandre » Thu May 14, 2020 2:21 pm

Thank you Dutch for explaining for me.
Melisandre

Postby rebbonk » Thu May 14, 2020 6:28 pm

Melisandre wrote:Lol I bet your boss was nt pleased. At least the land lady was being honest with you.

I think furious was the word! :lol:

In later life, the landlady bought a place not far from the Black Horse on Coventry Road. We became quite good friends and shared a few drinks. Yes, she was basically a very good person.
rebbonk

Postby Melisandre » Fri May 15, 2020 2:44 pm

:lol:

Thats lovely you met back up with the landlady . :smile: The Boat where my cousin use to go Lord Raglan and the Bullhead which my father in law went are the only other pubs I know near to the Black Horse.
Melisandre

PreviousNext

Return to News