"Bare shelves in Coventry and Nuneaton supermarkets as coronavirus fears surge"

Local, national, international and oddball news stories

"Bare shelves in Coventry and Nuneaton supermarkets as coronavirus fears surge"

Postby dutchman » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:04 pm

Hand gel, hand wash and baked beans are some of the now sought-after items

Shelves at Asda superstores in Coventry and Nuneaton have been left bare as shoppers are rush to buy food and hand gels.

This morning (March 7) shoppers at the Walsgrave Asda store found no hand gel or soap available on the shelves.

Not a single hand wash was available on any of the eight shelves.

It was a similar scenario at the Asda store in Nuneaton earlier today, although other shelves had also been raided of items.

Toilet rolls, beans, pasta and paracetamol were all unavailable at the Newtown Road-based store.

There were reports of empty shelves in other stores elsewhere in Nuneaton town centre on Thursday (March 5).

A shopper reported seeing 'everyone looking' for hand sanitizer - with some shelves left completely empty.

News about the empty shelves comes after health officials revealed rumours there had been a confirmed case of Coronavirus COVID 19 case in Nuneaton were not true.

They released a statement amid social media frenzy surrounding a reported case in the town on Thursday (March 5).

:rolling:
dutchman
Site Admin

Re: "Bare shelves in Coventry and Nuneaton supermarkets as coronavirus fears surge"

Postby rebbonk » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:57 pm

The terminally stupid strike again!
Of course it'll fit; you just need a bigger hammer.
rebbonk

Re: "Bare shelves in Coventry and Nuneaton supermarkets as coronavirus fears surge"

Postby Melisandre » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:20 pm

I have to agree with you Rebbonk some one on ebay is selling sanitizer for one bottle £120.00 the laugh is use it to often you catch things quicker.

Cant say I did nt say so and theres more to come

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/vicious-fight-erupts-between-shoppers-21649413.amp
Melisandre

Postby Melisandre » Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:19 pm

Melisandre

Postby dutchman » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:28 am

Any hoarders who survive will be eating baked beans every day for the next three years! :rolling:
dutchman
Site Admin

Postby rebbonk » Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:04 am

From a Tesco manager on another site I use...

Minding my own business working in Tesco, the latest panic buy item is bottled water.

How :censored: stupid is that, if you don't like tap water buy a decent water filter.

Got some toilet roll and liquid soap from the delivery cages before they went out for stocking the shelves, more coming in with every delivery but as soon as they hit the shop the idiots fill their shopping trolleys which then makes more people want to panic buy.

Wait a few weeks and toilet roll will be on sale due to overstock.
rebbonk

Postby dutchman » Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:25 am

I don't think I can hold it that long? :rolling:
dutchman
Site Admin

Postby Melisandre » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:32 pm

rebbonk wrote:From a Tesco manager on another site I use...

Minding my own business working in Tesco, the latest panic buy item is bottled water.

How :censored: stupid is that, if you don't like tap water buy a decent water filter.

Tap water is tested far better and more often than bottle water a Severn Trent bloke testing the water on Scots Lane some years back informed me. Also my nieces husband works for Severn Trent here.

With bottle water you have to shake it prior to drinking least it will damage your kidneys as one of my younger relatives discovered.
Melisandre

Postby Melisandre » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:33 pm

dutchman wrote:

I don't think I can hold it that long? :rolling:

:hysterical:
Melisandre

Postby rebbonk » Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:51 pm

I visited Tesco (Arena) this morning. It was unusually busy, but I didn't notice any shortages. Talking to the lady on the checkout, she reckoned the world had gone mad.

I'm now stocked up on dog food and treats.
rebbonk

Next

Return to News