Young woman punched and kicked to floor in terrifying Coventry street robbery

Local, national, international and oddball news stories

Young woman punched and kicked to floor in terrifying Coventry street robbery

Postby dutchman » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:14 pm

She was on her way to work when she was knocked to the ground

A 20-year-old woman from Willenhall was attacked and robbed on her way to work last week.

Katie Galvin, who works in one of the nearby shops, was walking to work along Robin Hood Road when she was knocked to the ground and punched and kicked, before her handbag was taken.

Fortunately, her injuries were not serious but she was shaken up by the incident.

Katie said: "It happened on Robin Hood Road just behind the precinct.

"Two males just randomly attacked me.

"They pulled my hair, punched me in the face, kneed me in the stomach, kicked me multiple times in the legs until I was on the floor and then they stamped on me and took my bag.

"My bag was then located in a bin in the precinct with nothing gone except some change."

Katie explained the incident occurred early in the morning, around 7.30am on Wednesday January 8.

As it was so early in the morning, there was nobody else around, so she is unsure if anybody else saw the incident.

She said: "I have contacted police, but as there isn't much CCTV around there's not much they can do.

"I'm still a bit shook travelling by myself but I may see if I can get a friend to come with me until I feel safer again."

The 20-year-old said she didn't need hospital treatment, but has suffered some injuries as a result.

"Luckily they didn’t leave any marks. I had a few red marks and a swollen ankle but they’ve gone down now," said Katie.

dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Young woman punched and kicked to floor in terrifying Coventry street robbery

Postby rebbonk » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:23 pm

Something just doesn't feel right here
Of course it'll fit; you just need a bigger hammer.
rebbonk

Return to News