Boris Johnson reveals plan to bring back pounds and ounces

Local, national, international and oddball news stories

Boris Johnson reveals plan to bring back pounds and ounces

Postby dutchman » Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:40 pm

PM sees 'no reason why people should be prosecuted for selling goods in imperial measures after Brexit

Boris Johnson has revealed plans to bring back pounds and ounces once Brexit is done as he attacks Jeremy Corbyn as 'the most extreme Left-wing candidate produced by the Labour Party in a century' entering Number 10.

In a wide-ranging interview with the Daily Mail, the Prime Minister laid out his post-election blueprint to lift the EU ban on imperial measurements and hark back to the old system.

He said: 'We will bring back that ancient liberty. I see no reason why people should be prosecuted.'

The Conservative leader added: 'I think the reality is a lot of people are now educated in the metric system, we have to recognise that.

'But people… I understand what a pound of apples is. I also understand what a kilo of apples is.

'There will be an era of generosity and tolerance towards traditional measurements.'

With less than a week until polling day, the eye-catching announcement came as Mr Johnson cranked up campaigning in his bitter race for Number 10 with Jeremy Corbyn.

dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Boris Johnson reveals plan to bring back pounds and ounces

Postby dutchman » Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:42 pm

Except that under the so-called 'deal' agreed by Johnson, Britain will still be bound by EU regulations! :roll:
dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Boris Johnson reveals plan to bring back pounds and ounces

Postby rebbonk » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:10 am

:rolling:

The numeracy is so poor in this country that it'd be impossible.

Johnson will say anything to remain in No.10. The man is not to be trusted in the slightest.
Of course it'll fit; you just need a bigger hammer.
rebbonk

Return to News