Dad's £100 bill for dropping nurse daughter off to work at UHCW

Local, national, international and oddball news stories

Dad's £100 bill for dropping nurse daughter off to work at UHCW

Postby dutchman » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:01 pm

He was sent a letter to say he stayed nearly 13 hours - but he'd taken two separate trips

A man has been fined for apparently being parked in University Hospital car park for nearly 13 hours when he'd actually taken two trips.

Robert Blythe from Keresley had in fact dropped his daughter off for her shift as a nurse at A&E, left for the day, then returned to pick her back up.

It isn't the first time he has had a letter - he was notified of a fine previously for being 18 seconds over the maximum drop-off stay time.

Mr Blythe regularly drops his daughter off at work and said he's never normally had this problem.

However recently he has encountered two separate problems with the ANPR cameras at the hospital.

Mr Blythe said: "A couple of weeks ago I was picking up my daughter from A&E where she is a student nurse.

"Now it was only a 10 minute drop off from when I entered, and by the ramp there is a camera.

"But when I received a letter, it said I was 18 seconds over.

"I didn't see any signs to say you are being tracked from one point to the next.

"I drop off my daughter as she works in A&E and we've never really had these problems before.

"I don't think I have done anything wrong over them. I've been dropping her off for about three years and this is the first time it's happened."

He said: "It has really angered me, two fines in a matter of weeks.

"It was one extreme to the other, also receiving a letter to say I had stayed for 12 hours and 50 minutes.

"It must have caught me going in to drop her off in the morning, not going out, and not coming back in, but then captured me going out in the evening after picking her up on the exit camera.

"How that's happened, I don't know."

A spokesman for University Hospital Coventry said: “On the rare occasions errors have been reported, car registration details have been taken and charges reimbursed where possible."

However at the time we spoke to Mr Blythe, he said his fines had not been rescinded.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to News