Coventry's adult ball pit bar faces uncertain future after sudden closure

Local, national, international and oddball news stories

Coventry's adult ball pit bar faces uncertain future after sudden closure

Postby dutchman » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:19 pm

Management have apologised to those who have bookings

Coventry's adult ball pit bar will be closed "for a while", after a possession notice was posted in the bar.

Ballxrs, on Far Gosford Street made headlines last year when it opened as the city's first permanent adult ball pit bar.

But despite being open as recently as Wednesday (January 23), it has been forced to close temporarily due to ongoing issues.

It was set to be open for business tonight, but management have confirmed to CoventryLive that this will no longer be the case.

The exact circumstances surrounding the closure remains unclear, and it is not yet known when it might open again.

A notice posted in the window of Ballxrs reads: "Possession notice.

"Under the terms and conditions of your lease, we as acting agents and with the authority of your landlord, have today entered these demised premises and have served notice and the forfeiture of lease effected.

"No unauthorised persons are permitted entry into these premises and in any attempt to do so will result in criminal proceedings being instigated against you."

A spokesperson sent a statement which said: "We won’t be opening tonight I can confirm.

"We don’t even have a lease yet.

"I am still awaiting from my solicitor as to what my legal position is and how I get all the stuff back!

"So all in all I’m not totally sure what’s going to happen but it doesn’t look like we are going to be open for a while.

"Please apologise to all that have bookings with us."

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to News