"This is why Barkers Butts Lane was a crime scene on Friday"

Local, national, international and oddball news stories

"This is why Barkers Butts Lane was a crime scene on Friday"

Postby dutchman » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:21 pm

A security guard was threatened with a knife and ordered to hand over a cash box

A security guard was threatened with a knife during an armed robbery outside a branch of the Coventry Building Society on Friday morning.

The robbery took place outside the Coventry Building Society in Barkers Butts Lane, Radford, at around 8.30am on September 21.

The security guard was threatened with a knife and ordered to hand over a cash box. Police say he suffered a minor facial injury.

Two balaclava-clad robbers made their escape in a dark coloured car.

The busy stretch of Barkers Butts Lane where the building society branch is located was taped off for much of the day as police conducted their investigations.

A West Midlands Police spokesman said: “Police were called to reports of an armed robbery outside Coventry Building Society, in Barkers Butts Lane , Radford, at around 8.30am on Friday September 21.

“A security guard was threatened with a knife and ordered to hand over a cash box. He suffered a minor facial injury.

“Two balaclava-clad offenders are believed to have made off in a dark-coloured car in the direction of Friars Fields Road."

An appeal for information has been launched.

The police spokesman added: “Anyone with information can call the force CID priorities team on 101.”

"Radford" :clown:
dutchman
Site Admin

Re: "This is why Barkers Butts Lane was a crime scene on Friday"

Postby Melisandre » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:33 pm

Friars Fields Rd? Is there such a road as I ve never heard of it and I use to work right by that Coventry building society and use it. There is a Priorsfield Rd close to there which leads to the Radford Circle.
Melisandre

Postby dutchman » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:25 pm

The Coundon group are hopping mad about being called "Radford" again by the Telegraph! :lol:

There was a serious accident a few hours later a short distance away but the Telegraph have ignored that! :fuming:
dutchman
Site Admin

Postby rebbonk » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:46 pm

I don't think it's the first time this place has been targeted is it?
Of course it'll fit; you just need a bigger hammer.
rebbonk

Postby rebbonk » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:49 pm

dutchman wrote:The Coundon group are hopping mad about being called "Radford" again by the Telegraph! :lol:

I doubt that most of the Telegraph staff could find their own arse using both hands and a map!
Of course it'll fit; you just need a bigger hammer.
rebbonk

Postby dutchman » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:56 pm

rebbonk wrote:I don't think it's the first time this place has been targeted is it?

Nope!

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=51157
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to News