Stolen BMW nearly knocks over car salesman

Local, national, international and oddball news stories

Stolen BMW nearly knocks over car salesman

Postby dutchman » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:15 pm

The incident happened in broad daylight

This is the moment a BMW thief nearly runs over a car salesman at a Coventry garage.

The CCTV footage from Shawn Dream Cars on Longford Road shows the employee desperately trying to stop the dark motor from being stolen.

He risked his own life by standing in front of the car with his hands on the bonnet in a bid to stop the car from being driven off, but eventually had to move out of the way as the £14,000 car was driven away, still with the dealer's sign on the roof.

One of the business owners told CoventryLive that the staff fear for their lives now, and it isn't the first incident.

He said: "This year there have been lots of problems with our businesses being stolen from.

"This is just the latest in a string of incidents.

"Luckily, my staff member wasn't hurt, but it was a terrifying thing to happen to him.

"The guy looked like an ordinary customer, he asked to see the car, asked for the keys to look inside - what anyone would ask.

"But then he started saying the tyres were defective, and leading my staff round the car.

"He asked for the keys to get into the car, where my staff member stood in front of it.

"The guy just then went to drive away, nearly knocking him over doing it.

"We are glad he's okay.

"He drove off so quickly that I later found the AA board from on top of the car on the roundabout by the M6."

The business owner said he feels let down by police, and they only came out to give a crime reference number.

He added: "We don't feel safe and the police are not responding.

"They haven't done any investigation, they've only taken a crime number."

dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Stolen BMW nearly knocks over car salesman

Postby rebbonk » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:47 pm

Exactly the same happened a few years back at the Hinckley Rover dealer. I don't believe the offenders were ever caught.
Of course it'll fit; you just need a bigger hammer.
rebbonk

Return to News