Nigel Farage says Theresa May's version of Brexit will be worse than staying in the EU

Local, national, international and oddball news stories

Nigel Farage says Theresa May's version of Brexit will be worse than staying in the EU

Postby dutchman » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:41 pm

Nigel Farage has called for Theresa May to be sacked as Prime Minister and claimed plans for Brexit have become so "ludicrous" that Britain is going to be worse off than before the referendum

The former Ukip leader and key member of the Leave campaign also said that if Brexit wasn't sorted out he'd consider a return to politics.

Mr Farage was speaking to ITV News Political Editor Robert Peston for his new online series, Now What?

On whether the Conservative Party should get rid of May, Mr Farage said: "Absolutely, of course, she's a disaster. She's boxed herself into a position now where we will be, for the foreseeable future after March [29th 2019, Brexit day], actually in a worse position than we were before we voted to leave. It’s ludicrous.”

Asked by Peston to clarify whether he thought this "half in, half out" position "is worse than being in the EU", Farage replied "of course".

Pushed about why he didn't work with government to deliver a roadmap for Brexit, Mr Farage added: "They wouldn't use me, they wouldn't talk to me.

"Whatever I put forward, they wouldn't listen to me anyway. I'm still there making arguments and I will go on making those arguments."

And on the prospect of Brexit failing he added: "I’m enjoying my life much more than I was leading that party. They were fun at the time, but I’m pleased it came to an end.

“I did it at a fanatical level, I did the best I could, I didn’t do badly. I don’t want that life again.

“If I see Article 50 being delayed or being stopped, I will then have no choice but to throw myself back in the front line of political campaigning. I hope it doesn't happen, but it may.”

dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Nigel Farage says Theresa May's version of Brexit will be worse than staying in the EU

Postby rebbonk » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:30 am

Remainer or leaver, I know nobody actually happy with Treason May's performance. She will go down in the history books alright, but for all the wrong reasons.
Of course it'll fit; you just need a bigger hammer.
rebbonk

Re: Nigel Farage says Theresa May's version of Brexit will be worse than staying in the EU

Postby Melisandre » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:48 pm

rebbonk wrote: :smile: She will go down in the history books alright, but for all the wrong reasons.

The public have said the same for nearly the past two years they ve nicked named her May the appeaser . Her maiden name like Hammond derives from French now she does nt want to spoil her husbands business deals like the one in Scotland and in Europe just like Heseltine the money he gets from them too.
Melisandre

Postby rebbonk » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:54 pm

I only know one Tory supporter who thought May would be the best leader when the leadership contest was on.

Whilst not a Tory supporter by any means I thought Andrea Leadsom would probably do a better job of extracting us from the situation that gutless Camoron left us in.
rebbonk

Postby dutchman » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:16 pm

She's doing her best to draw attention away from the fiasco by making random statements about Grenfell and the NHS, neither of which she's shown any interest in before. She'll probably fabricate another "Russian attack" next.
dutchman
Site Admin

Postby rebbonk » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:22 pm

Had it not been for the Falklands conflict Thatcher wouldn't have been re-elected in '83. May must be praying for a distraction of that magnitude.

Whilst I generally hold politicians in pretty low regard, May is one of the most ineffective and useless I've seen. Her days at the Home Office are frequently overlooked, but she achieved nothing. In fact, if you look back at her whole political career, you'd be hard pushed to find anything positive, or of note, that she's done.
rebbonk

Return to News