More than 700 homes planned for field land in Nuneaton

Local, national, international and oddball news stories

More than 700 homes planned for field land in Nuneaton

Postby dutchman » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:45 pm

The plans have been dubbed 'utter madness'

Up to 775 new homes could be built on what is yet another development planned for the north of Nuneaton .

Gladman have revealed details on its proposals to build on land off Weddington Road, close to Caldecote.

In a leaflet that has been delivered to those who live locally, it states that the development would spread from off Weddington Road, across field land and almost to the disused railway line.

It would be a mixture of houses, including 25 per cent affordable housing, as well a new vehicular and pedestrian access, a convenience store, publicly accessible greenspace in the form of woodland and hedgerows, play areas or footpaths and sustainable drainage.

It states in the leaflet that the firm is in the 'early stages' of preparing a planning application and that the leaflets form part of the process, giving those who live locally the chance to have their say.

"We believe that a development should provide an opportunity to improve the range and quality of services that are available in Weddington," the leaflet says.

"We would be very interested to hear your views on any additional services or improvements that would be of value to your community."

Weddington ward councillor Keith Kondakor said there is already uproar about the plans, saying: "We just cannot cope with any more housing on this side of town, these are the last two fields we have before the border to North Warwickshire.

"It is utter madness, we cannot have any more, not with the roads, school and the air pollution concerns."

There are already new housing developments in the Weddington area, Davidson Homes' Church Fields and Taylor Wimpey's The Farm and Barratt Homes' St James' Gate.

dutchman
Site Admin

Re: More than 700 homes planned for field land in Nuneaton

Postby Jock Strapp » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:44 pm

I know that area quite and I can see no problem with building there. Why only 25% affordable housing? I must assume that 75% will not be affordable for most people. This country needs housing for the masses, not for the few as Jerry Corbin would put it.
Housing is needed for the indigenous English people, not for those that arrive illegally and jump off a lorry as soon as it arrives in the UK.
Jock Strapp

Postby Melisandre » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:29 pm

Jock Strapp wrote: :hysterical:
Housing is needed for the indigenous English people, not for those that arrive illegally and jump off a lorry as soon as it arrives in the UK.

That would be against what Jermey Corbyns and his ex lover Diane Abbots would want to house the indigenous English people or have you forgot we are all racists according to Diane Abbot if we say things like this.
Melisandre

Postby rebbonk » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:00 pm

I'm in no way racist, but I am a realist. We are a small island and we are taking in far too many waifs and strays. What we're taking in refuses to integrate and refuses to adopt to our ways, whilst insisting we adopt theirs! It's all take and no give.

Abbott is a fool. If she doesn't realise she's only where she is because of positive discrimination and quotas, then she's thicker than I ever thought possible.

Incidentally, I was sent a booklet yesterday informing me of everything immigrants to this country can claim as soon as they set foot on our shores. There were a few surprises in there, and I consider myself quite knowledgeable on the subject. To my mind it is wrong that you take out of the pot without having put anything into it.

This country is heading for real trouble, though I doubt I'll be here to see it.
Of course it'll fit; you just need a bigger hammer.
rebbonk

Postby Jock Strapp » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:15 pm

It isn't racist to criticise Islam as Islam is not a race of people. It also isn't a religion, it is a cult started by Muhammed, a paedophile who married a six year old girl who became pregnant at the age of nine, a crime against nature. After the killings on two London bridges and slaughter of those innocents in Manchester Mrs May said in parliament that Muslims are peaceful people. Unbelievable Nuff said. I think that I have aired my views on this before.
The only reason that I voted to leave Europe was that I hoped it would help stop the droves of Islamic migrants arriving from as far away as Somalia. These migrants are not fleeing from war zones, they want free health care, free education, a car, big TV, a house etc etc and all that without working for it and then, later, introduce Shaira law.
I really feel for those fleeing from war zones as long as they return home when conflict is over but this isn't happening. Anyone seeking sanctuary must stop at the first country where they are safe, that is international law. It isn't right to pass through several countries, then jump on the back of a lorry to come to the UK.These Celtic islands are being handed over to migrants and our government hasn't the backbone or the will to put a stop to it. In a hundred years the white man and his lady will be a rare site in the UK.
As for Corbin being Di' Abbots lover, doubt that even her mother loves her.
Jock Strapp

Postby Jock Strapp » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:46 pm

This may be of interest.Watch the short video.
https://freespeechtime.blogspot.com/201 ... -2050.html
Jock Strapp

Postby Melisandre » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:41 pm

I agree with Rebbonk how we can only take so many with the size of ou country .

I am well up to date of what can be claimed when entering this country . :smile:
Last edited by Melisandre on Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Melisandre

Postby Melisandre » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:03 pm

I already know all this Jock try telling most of our mps and our PM this Islam was created by the Catholic church just in case you were not aware of this they adopted Mohammed as child teaching him this cult as you call it and sent him back to teach the people from where he came.

Its been provern by DNA and research the Celts were from Europe the Victorians got it completely wrong so it was reinvented into this country to Welsh Scots and Irish and Cornish . By Oxford and London research and following DNA the Scots were Pics from Vikings Orkney from Norway bit tge Scots and Welsh did nt breed with invaders like Saxons Normans etc Cornish have a different DNA line as does Welsh people but they both have different DNA to any one else . The Welsh can be traced back to the first Ice Age here prior to being invaded.
The only language growing faster than any other is the Welsh followed by the Cornish . Scotlands language is vanishing rapidly than any other language and Ireland Eire will disappear with in two generations as the first language spoken in Ireland is English the second is Polish the third is Chinese and Irish Gaelic is 4th. Scotland first spoken language is English. A high percent 68 percent if I recall right of Welsh men stem from Royalty Kings as do the most of the American presidents.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j617mImHVvk

Yes that is true they are nt fleeing from war torn countries and agree if they were in war torn country it would nt bother me to allow them in and when safe to go back for them to return as you say. I personally would nt like our jutice system to become like the EU where you are guilty with out proof and can be arrested and thrown in jail for 9 weeks and there is no hearing with a jury either. Where as hear you are innocent till proven guilty and entitled to a hearing in front of a jury. I was warned by a doctors nurse on the quiet any one from around the world can fly in here have operations at our expence they fly straight back out again and nothing was being implimented of keeping records of this a few years back I was told this so yes I fully agree with all you say.

I dont expect our mps and PM to agree with us as they they are all the same in it together and their loyalties are with their own not us take the surname Hammond for eg that derives from French Thereasa Mays maiden name derives from French Anna Sudbury name derives from Belgium does that explain a lot.
Melisandre

Postby dutchman » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:07 am

A huge housing development is about to get even bigger

House builders want the green light to complete the third phase of a huge development in Nuneaton.

Bellway has applied for planning permission to build 75 homes on the Royal Park development off The Long Shoot.

Hundreds of homes have already been built and now the firm wans to create 56 two and three-bedroom houses for private sale, plus 19 homes designated as affordable housing.

An area of public open space is also proposed towards the entrance of the new phase.

Marie Richards, sales director for Bellway West Midlands, said: “We’re delighted to have submitted plans for the next phase of development in Nuneaton to help meet the continuing need for new homes.

“Given the response we’ve had to the homes we’re currently building at Royal Park, we know there’s a real demand for new housing in Nuneaton and the surrounding area.

“We’ve worked closely with the local authority to draw up plans which will provide the kind of homes that local people are looking for and very much hope they will now be approved."

The planning department at Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council will now decide if the application is given the go-ahead.

There are now five different developments either underway or due to start in the north of Nuneaton.

There are homes currently being built by Davidsons, Barratt and David Wilson Homes as well as Bellway and Warwickshire County Council has also been given the green light to build homes on land off Eastboro Way.

A sixth could be on its way if developers Gladman are given the green light to build 650 dwellings at Poplar Farm at The Long Shoot.

dutchman
Site Admin

Postby rebbonk » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:49 am

The madness continues :clown:
Of course it'll fit; you just need a bigger hammer.
rebbonk

Next

Return to News