Coventry Islamic school is rated 'outstanding' by Ofsted

Local, national, international and oddball news stories

Coventry Islamic school is rated 'outstanding' by Ofsted

Postby dutchman » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:25 pm

Staff and pupils at Eden Girls’ School are celebrating after being judged ‘outstanding’ in their first ever Ofsted inspection

Ofsted visited the Coventry school, on Stoney Stanton Street, in July and gave the school the highest rating in every category.

The report concluded that pupil’s attitudes to their studies were excellent, lessons ran smoothly and teaching was of a high quality, with pupils’ progress deemed “very strong”.

Attendance was found to be well above the national average.

Inspectors were also impressed by the school’s management and staff training.

Linda Thompson, Principal of Eden Girls’ School, Coventry, said the school are thrilled with the result:

“What stands out for me in the inspectors’ report is the praise for our pupils - as motivated learners, as engaged citizens, as thoughtful and respectful young people – and that is incredibly satisfying.

“The inspectors also recognised the support the school’s staff provide for pupils in all areas of their development, not just academic.

“I’m proud of the role of my staff in supporting these girls to become confident, mature and very able citizens who will go on to do wonderful things.”

Ofsted inspectors also highlighted the contribution of governors to the school.

Afzal Ismail, chair of governors at Eden Girls’ School, Coventry, added:

“It’s very satisfying that inspectors recognised the experience and expertise we collectively bring to the school.

“We will continue to work with the school and the Trust to nurture today’s young people and inspire tomorrow’s leaders.

“Congratulations to everyone at Eden Girls’ School, Coventry. This is an inspection report to be proud of.”

The faith-based Islamic secondary school opened in September 2014 and has around 500 pupils.

They will be opening a sixth form in 2018.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to News