Farmhouse could be demolished to make way for new homes

Local, national, international and oddball news stories

Farmhouse could be demolished to make way for new homes

Postby dutchman » Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:13 pm

More than 100 new homes could be built on farm land in Coventry after plans were submitted to the city council.

The proposals would see a farm in Grange Road, Longford, demolished and a total of 107 houses and flats built on the land opposite the turning at Sutton Stop for the Greyhound pub.

The homes would include one-bedroom flats and houses ranging from two bedrooms to six.

The applicant Westleigh Partnership Ltd also say there would be the possibility of public open space, including children’s play equipment, being built on the site.

The design and access statement provided to Coventry City Council’s planning officers states: “The development has been carefully considered and will positively enhance both the site, surroundings and wider area.

“The development will bring forward much-needed family housing to the area supporting the social and economic aspirations for the town generally.”

dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Farmhouse could be demolished to make way for new homes

Postby rebbonk » Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:44 pm

Under a ruddy great pylon! - Unless it's been removed.
Of course it'll fit; you just need a bigger hammer.
rebbonk

Postby Melisandre » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:29 pm

They are being build Rebbonk running along the side of the M6 really close to the motorway not on the farm house bit I was told by an old neighbour who still lives close by the birth house of Tom Mann last year.
Melisandre

Postby rebbonk » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:48 pm

Thanks for that Melisandre. I've not been up that way for quite a while.

Sufficient to say, last time I used Black-Horse road it was a shock!
Of course it'll fit; you just need a bigger hammer.
rebbonk

Postby Melisandre » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:00 am

Your welcome Rebbonk

Yes part of Blackhorse Rd has been sectioned off so the traffic goes around the new estate you can imagine the shock to Grange Rd residents from the bridge by the Greyhound to the motor way bridge with all the extra traffic from the estates now built there Val said its a night mare even trying to cross the road it was bad enough when I lived there in 77 when it was surrounded by fields and Grange Hurst school was on the corner of Grange Rd.
Melisandre

Postby Melisandre » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:06 am

flapdoodle wrote:Misleading article. The planning application is for the outbuildings to be demolished. I think the farmhouse is being kept.

Thank you Flapdoodle
Melisandre

Postby Melisandre » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:10 pm

This is in Grange Rd Coventry rear of the cottage where Tom Mann was born opposite side of the Greyhound pub entrance.
Being built by Orbit housing half buy half rent who the hell wants to live or buy right next to the M6.

Melisandre

Return to News