Coventry City Council pays £3.4 million to outside experts

Local, national, international and oddball news stories

Coventry City Council pays £3.4 million to outside experts

Postby dutchman » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:18 pm

LINK TO ORIGINAL ARTICLE
Dec 7 2009 by Les Reid, Coventry Telegraph
COVENTRY City Council is spending a staggering £3.4m of taxpayers’ money this year to hire expensive external consultants for expert advice on conducting its work.

Council figures obtained by the Telegraph show the bill for 2009/10 has soared from last year’s £2.4m - bringing the total payout over five years to £12.4million.

The figures reveal the huge cost to council taxpayers for consultants’ work where council managers feel there is not enough expertise in-house to do it themselves.

Hired consultants are advising the council on anything from recruiting social workers and implementing health improvement programmes, to investigating allegations of lewd behaviour made against ex-Lord Mayor Andy Matchet, to making budget cuts through “efficiency savings”.
dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Coventry City Council pays £3.4 million to outside experts

Postby yourworstnightmare » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:16 am

they coulnt consulant there finger up there rs :rolling: :rolling:

I feel soory for that Taylor bloke, its no good listening to bullshit figures, and lies in your own party that in the financial equations=wrong click.

last year 2.4? this year 3.4 = 5.8 million in 2 years, superb.

No wonder the finances are wrong, but there again the finance bloke who with the help of others historically are hiding behind the truth. MIND you wasnt that Andrew G and his is cronies consultants, and look whats nearly happened to a piece of history :fuming:

Oh and, if anyone from the council reads this, i am available for 1 million until March 2010, and i will save your consultants fees, and what i manage to save, i would expect a percentage of that money to be donated to good causes, nominated by me starting with a piece of history that is in dire straits.

As fatty would say "Consultants My Arse" :rolling:
yourworstnightmare

Return to News