Tributes paid to Kenilworth businesswoman and fundraiser...

Local, national, international and oddball news stories

Tributes paid to Kenilworth businesswoman and fundraiser...

Postby dutchman » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:20 pm

Hundreds of people attended the funeral of a Kenilworth businesswoman and fundraiser last week.

Angela Doxey, former owner of Silk and Silver in Talisman Square, and Cake Kingdom in Miller Court, died due to breast cancer, aged 47 on Saturday March 19.

More than 250 people attended her funeral at St John’s church in Warwick Road last Tuesday.

Her mother Pat said: “It’s difficult to explain Angela in words.

“She was loved by so many people and touched so many lives.

“She was known in the town for her outgoing and caring personality, and now I can’t walk down the street without somebody stopping me and giving me a hug.

“She really worked hard on trying to heal herself and always remained positive, even giving something back to Cancer Research UK during her first years of having the illness.”

In June 2006, after her first treatment for cancer ended, Angela, who was a lifelong lover of travel and the outdoors, organised a camping event called ‘C is for Camping’ at Thickthorn.

This event attracted hundreds of people and helped to raise around £6,000 for the cancer research charity.

Jonathan, one of Angela’s two brothers, said: “Angela got everyone involved in the event and we had family and friends travel from all over the country to be there and help out.

“That was Angela all over.

“She thought of every last detail to make everything she did the best it could be.

“The event was a major success and will always be remembered.”

After closing her cake business last year due to her illness, Angela, who lived in Station Road, spent time at Myton Hospice.

Her mother added: “Myton was a huge support to both my daughter and the rest of the family.

“The staff in there really took care of her, for which we can’t thank them enough.

“Angela will be missed so much.

“It was her zest for life that we loved her for, as well as so many other things we just can’t put into words.

“It was a huge comfort to see so many people in church and at the graveside.

“We would also like to thank all the family and friends for all the bunches of flowers and donations.

“The many sympathy cards we received were an enormous help and shows she will be greatly missed at home and in the town.”

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to News