Record numbers change name in 2009

Local, national, international and oddball news stories

Record numbers change name in 2009

Postby dutchman » Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:12 pm

Prince Of Passion, Funky McFunkmaster and Ice Man were among the monikers chosen by the thousands of Brits who decided to legally change their names in 2009.

Nearly 50,000 people contacted the UK Deed Poll Service in the past 12 months, an increase of 8% from the previous year.

The service's chief executive Mike Barratt told The Daily Telegraph that it had been a record year, adding: "Although we saw the effects of the recession during the first few months of the year, every month since June has been up on the same month the previous year.''

Other memorable names adopted in the past 12 months include George Thomas The Tank Engine, Blair Coco Lucy St Lucy Hot Pink Delorean Big Wednesday Chanel, Reggie Moondogg, and None Of The Above.
dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Record numbers change name in 2009

Postby pollyanna » Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:41 pm

I considered changing my name after my divorce - but it was so difficult just to change my address details I decided not to bother.

It wouldn't have been to anything as elaborate as any of the above mentioned :roll:
pollyanna

Re: Record numbers change name in 2009

Postby rebbonk » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:39 am

This guy has a sense of humour...

I wish my ex-wife would change her name you wouldn't believe the problems she still causes me.
Of course it'll fit; you just need a bigger hammer.
rebbonk

Return to News