Huge house party with more than 300 young revellers broken up by police in Coventry

Local, national, international and oddball news stories

Huge house party with more than 300 young revellers broken up by police in Coventry

Postby dutchman » Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:47 pm

They were forced to issue a closure order on a property in Tile Hill

A huge house party with more than 300 people had to be broken-up by police in Coventry. They responded to calls in the Tile Hill area of the city last night (April 13).

Images from police drones show huge numbers of young people in the street as officers were called into action. They were forced to issue a closure order on a property.

It meant the hundreds of revellers spilled out onto the street. West Midlands Police's eyes in the sky team posted pictures on X, formerly known as Twitter.

"Numbers estimated over 300 young people within a residential house," the team posted. "Party closed down and the young people dispersed away from the area."

dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Huge house party with more than 300 young revellers broken up by police in Coventry

Postby dutchman » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:32 am

House party of 300 revellers broken up by police in Coventry was a £185-a-night rental

A 'mind blowing' house party that saw 300 revellers from all over the country travel to a quiet, residential street in Coventry was held at a holiday rental that cost £185-a-night, MailOnline can reveal.

The young man who had rented the property for the evening told the owners he was picking up his uncle from the airport when his flight landed at 8pm.

Instead, hundreds of youngsters descended on the property, with guests throwing furniture and smashing up objects with some thought to be high on nitrous oxide - also known as hippy crack.

Drone footage taken by West Midlands Police, who eventually shut down the party, showed people filling the five-bedroom semi-detached house on Fir Tree Avenue in Tile Hill.

According to neighbours who were woken by the blaring noise, cars were strewn all over the street with Ubers waiting around the corner to pick up and drop off the teenagers.

Speaking with MailOnline the devastated owners revealed that they only got the keys to their property on March 1 before putting it up on AirBnb and Booking.com. The disastrous guest was only the third person to stay at their home.

The landlord, who asked not to be named, said: 'Unfortunately it was a one-night booking from Booking.com. It sounded like a young man. He said he wanted to pick up his uncle at the airport. He said the family needed somewhere to stay over.

'I need to drop round sorry cards, it is all very shocking to me. The neighbours said it was 150 to 200 people. The police said it was around 500 people.

'It's just mind-blowing. Apparently the police said the person put an invite on Facebook. People came from Manchester and Southampton. It broke all the house rules. It's maximum eight people in the house. No parties, no noise from 9pm to 7am.'

Shocking images of the inside of the home show it littered with rubbish, while furniture both on the inside and outside of the property were damaged.

Empty beer cans, glass bottles of spirits and McDonalds were seen on the floor, alongside what appears to be a pregnancy test.

The couple had listed their property as a minimum stay of two nights while registered on AirBnb but decided to reduce it to one night when they put the house on Booking.com.

It was only at 11.36am the next morning, after police officers had dispersed the group in the early hours, that the owners were notified over the nightmare by neighbours.

When they turned up at the property, they were completely shocked, leaving their children in the car as they tried to assess the damage.

He added: 'He said his uncle was landing at 8pm. I thought they had family and probably needed to stop overnight.

'I couldn't get my head around the level of damage that had happened here. Apparently they all stayed mute, no one was saying anything.

'They had dismantled the chair, half of it was outside. They threw furniture. They smashed up ornaments. We had just painted the whole house. There's NOS cannisters everywhere.

'There's loads of them in the kitchen. I had to keep my kids in the car. We'd just painted the whole property. This took two months. They've taken a desk down from upstairs. We don't know how long this will take.'

The pair have been trying to get in contact with the youngster but have not been able to get through. They are now in discussions with Booking.com, whom they reported the young man to.

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to News