Switch to full style
Local, national, international and oddball news stories
Write comments

Closure orders slapped on Nuneaton shops for 'illegal activities' after more Queens Road raids

Mon Jun 22, 2026 5:16 am

Signs have been placed on their shutters on Queens Road

Image

Closure orders have been slapped on three Nuneaton shops for 'illegal activities'.

Passers-by would have noticed that three shops on Queens Road have had their shutters pulled down and signs plastered on the front.

The Turkish Mini Market, the Euro Mino Market and Phone Doctor have all been forced to close.

It follows a second wave of raids at the shops in less than a week which saw more illegal goods seized.

Police officers and Warwickshire Trading Standards officers raided the shops on Tuesday (June 16) and after they found more illegal tobacco, court action was taken to force them to close.

This came just days after all three were raided on Friday, June 12, where police, trading standards and council officers found illegal items.

Now all three will remain closed for three months.

In a statement, a Warwickshire County Council spokesperson said: "As part of ongoing work to tackle problem premises on our high streets, Warwickshire Trading Standards working alongside colleagues from Warwickshire Police and Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council conducted another day of action in Nuneaton on Tuesday 16th June.

"Seizures of illicit tobacco were made from all three premises visited on Tuesday, with further visits made to premises in the Queens Road area of Nuneaton that had previously been visited. These premises were issued with closure orders that prevent any use of the premises for up to three months."

Nuneaton and Bedworth Police posted about the action and said it was part of work locally to act on concerns raised by locals.

"We're working with trading standards to target illegal vape shops in the town centre," the team said.

"So far, this operation has resulted in three separate shop closures. By telling us your neighbourhood crime concerns, you’ve helped make Nuneaton and Bedworth a safer place to live.

CoventryLive understands that there have been further raids staged in the town centre area over the past week.

No details of these have been revealed yet.

Image
Write comments