"Amazing pictures show transformation of neglected allotment as florist launches new business"

"Amazing pictures show transformation of neglected allotment as florist launches new business"

Postby dutchman » Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:18 pm

Chloe Eyers is launching her own business growing and selling flowers sustainably

A woman from Leamington Spa has swapped a career in the city to start a business growing sustainable flowers on her allotment in the town.

Chloe Eyers, 45, who lives in York Road with her husband and two children, is getting ready to launch Honesty Flowers after six months hard work clearing an overgrown plot of land and making sure it's in perfect condition.

Mrs Eyers said: "It's been a long time coming getting the plot and getting it all ready.

"I had been looking for a plot for a while but over lockdown I decided to get one sorted and eventually found one in Campion Hills.

"It was overgrown and hadn't been touched for a number of years but I desperately wanted it, even if I did also think 'How am I going to do this?', but I got it done and ready after a few hard months."

Mrs Eyers previously lived and worked at a media company in London but decided to make a career switch after taking a career break while she had her children.

She spent much of that time in her garden and realised this is what she wanted to do.

She added: "I got my Royal Horticultural Society qualifications and the more I learned about it, the more I said that this is what I wanted to do."

In additon to Honesty Flowers, she also runs a gardening business in the town, called Honesty Gardening.

Mrs Eyers will start cutting flowers next month and will be letting people know as soon as they are available to by through her mailing list.

You can sign up by visiting https://www.honestyflowers.co.uk/

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Flowers/Gardening