Meet the Caterpillar-shaped garden hedge cheering up Coventry folk

Meet the Caterpillar-shaped garden hedge cheering up Coventry folk

Postby dutchman » Sun May 21, 2023 6:30 pm

An artistic topiary in the city has become an incredibly popular feature

It's the comical garden creation that's a cut above the rest. A caterpillar-shaped hedgerow has become an incredibly popular feature in a front garden along Holyhead Road.

It's not immediately clear how long the artistic topiary has been in situ. But one thing's for sure - it's brightening up a lot of people's days.

Whether it's workers commuting into the city centre, dog walkers out for a stroll or even neighbours peeking through their curtains, no one has a bad word to say about the colourful cultivation. Lee McFetridge brought the imaginative insect to CoventryLive's attention.

"It cheers me up every time I notice it," he said. "I go past it most days and it brightens up my day. Just a fun item I thought."

For anyone passing in a car, the hedge might appear at first glance to be a little unkempt. But on closer inspection it's clear for all to see that the two long straggly bits at the front are the hedge's (well, the caterpillar's!) antennae.

Two holes at the front of the hedge quite knowingly form the insect's eyes above a carefully-crafted toothy grin. And, just for good measure, the hedge has been skilfully sculpted moving back towards the house to give off the illusion of a ribbed body.

Do you know of any quirky garden features? If so, send your pictures to news@coventrytepegraph.net

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Flowers/Gardening