Page 1 of 1
Stingray
Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:11 am
by rebbonk
Re: Stingray
Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:15 pm
by dutchman
I think this was the frst Gerry Anderson series to be shot in colour?
Re: Stingray
Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:29 pm
by rebbonk
dutchman wrote:I think this was the frst Gerry Anderson series to be shot in colour?
The BBC site confirms that
http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/anderson/stingray/intro.shtml
Re: Stingray
Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:44 pm
by dutchman
Cheers Rebbonk
According to that site, not only the first Gerry Anderson series but also the first UK series of any kind to be shot in colour!
ITV didn't go colour itself until 1970 although there had been test broadcasts long before that. In any case it was the mid-1970s before colour TV sets were installed in any great numbers in the UK.
Re: Stingray
Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:26 pm
by rebbonk
We rented a (first) colour TV for the '72 Olympics where Mark Spitz cleaned up with the medals.
Unfortunately though, there was a fault on the set and the blue pool water regularly turned a vivid violet. I also seem to remember getting fierce headaches for quite a while after we "went colour."
Stingray
Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:42 pm
by Melisandre
Re: Stingray
Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:58 pm
by rebbonk
Loved Stingray

Re: Stingray
Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:00 pm
by Melisandre
So did I Rebbonk

Re: Stingray
Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:03 pm
by dutchman
Already posted Melisandre!

(Threads now merged)
Re: Stingray
Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:27 pm
by Melisandre
Yes I realised after sorry but thank you for merging it.