Francis Durbridge Presents... (1961)

Please check for existing titles before uploading new ones

Francis Durbridge Presents... (1961)

Postby dutchman » Sun Oct 06, 2024 3:08 am

There were many different themes used over the years but this is the only one uploaded separately to YouTube.
For many years the series was exclusive to BBC2 which very few people could receive at the time which is why you may not have heard of it before.
The show introduced several famous actors including John Thaw and Gerald Harper.

dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Francis Durbridge Presents... (1961)

Postby rebbonk » Sun Oct 06, 2024 3:08 pm

It was about '65 before we had BBC2. IIRC a different aerial was recommended? We didn't use one and our reception was quite good. The only fly in the ointment was that the TV had a separate connection for BBC2, (dual standard TV 625 Vs 405 lines?) so we had to physically move the connection over.
Of course it'll fit; you just need a bigger hammer.
rebbonk

Re: Francis Durbridge Presents... (1961)

Postby dutchman » Sun Oct 06, 2024 4:49 pm

That was one method. Another was to purchase a diplexer which separated the VHF and UHF signals, essential on some council estates as they only had a single output socket for both wavebands. Even so few bothered before 1969 as the vast majority of sets were still 405-lines only.

I don't think I ever watched a single episode of this series but I remember the announcements on BBC1:
"On BBC2 now you can watch Francis Durbridge Presents."
:tellymad:
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Classic TV Show Themes