Farewell in style to Zündapp fanatic Hans...

Farewell in style to Zündapp fanatic Hans...

Postby dutchman » Tue Jul 25, 2023 3:26 am

HEEZE - On a trailer behind an old-timer moped to the crematorium. Family and friends said goodbye to Hans van Zanten in a very special way on Monday

Zündapp fanatic Hans van Zanten from Heeze passed away on Sunday July 16 at the age of 70. He made it to the Eindhoven Daily newspaper six years ago with his 1973 Zündapp moped.

Hans had given his old-timer moped a prominent place in his house: in his living room. “I work with my Zündapp every day. There used to be a closet on that spot. I like this much better. I won't take it out of my living room for gold anymore," he said at the time.

Friends and family quickly agreed together after his death; Hans had to be transported to the crematorium in Heeze with his Zündapp. So they made a funeral box themselves and arranged a trailer that could be hung behind the moped.

“I think he had that Zündapp all his life. He still rode it regularly,” says his mate Gerard van den Boogaard. ,, He also regularly went to ride with a club. Hans was as he was. A person with a mind of his own.”

The special farewell tour started at pet shop Peter Beelen in Heeze, where the former truck driver still performed hand and span services every Saturday. The procession drove from there to the crematorium in Heeze where he was said goodbye.

:applause:
dutchman
Site Admin

Re: Farewell in style to Zündapp fanatic Hans...

Postby rebbonk » Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:30 pm

Dedication! :thumbsup:

May he rest in peace
Of course it'll fit; you just need a bigger hammer.
rebbonk

Return to Funny Pictures