Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:26 pm
That said, Luigi's haunted adventure is the fastest-selling Nintendo Switch game of the year though
In the UK physical game charts this week, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is holding onto the top spot (thanks, GamesIndustry.biz), although Luigi's Mansion 3 has become the fastest-selling Nintendo Switch physical game of 2019, landing at number two.
This sold faster than The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening and Super Mario Maker 2, and physical sales are 140% more than the last game in 2013. As a reminder, this doesn't include digital sales either.
Sales for Modern Warfare are down 49% from its launch week, and at number 12 we have the return of the classic Aladdin and Lion King platformers, selling best on Switch, which is where 48% of sales were.
WWE 2K20 falls from number three to 14 this week, dipping 81% in terms of sales, and EA's Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville has actually sold more in its third week than it managed in its first.
For the full top 10 look down below. What can topple Modern Warfare?
1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare / Activision
2. Luigi's Mansion 3 / Nintendo
3. FIFA 20 / EA Sports
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe / Nintendo
5. The Outer Worlds / Private Division
6. Ghost Recon: Breakpoint / Ubisoft
7. Ring Fit Adventure / Nintendo
8. Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville / EA
9. Grand Theft Auto V / Rockstar
10. MediEvil / Sony