DJ Khaled secures his first Official UK Number 1 single

DJ Khaled secures his first Official UK Number 1 single

Postby dutchman » Fri May 05, 2017 7:51 pm

Plus there are high climbers and new entries from Luis Fonsi, Kygo ft. Ellie Goulding and Katy Perry on this week's Official Singles Chart

Congratulations to DJ Khaled, who lands straight in at Number 1 on this week’s Official Singles Chart with I’m The One.

The track, which features Justin Bieber, Quavo, Chance The Rapper and Lil Wayne, debuts at Number 1 with 5.1 million streams and 23,000 downloads sold this week.

I’m The One is Khaled’s first UK chart-topper; his previous chart peak was at 25 with last summer’s For Free ft. Drake. The track also gives guests Lil Wayne, Chance The Rapper and Quavo (from hip hop group Migos) their first UK Number 1, while Justin earns his fifth.

Miami-based Khaled - a DJ, producer and Snapchat extraordinaire - is the first international artist to top the Official Singles Chart in seventh months. Since last September, the top spot has been occupied exclusively by UK acts.

Meanwhile, I’m The One pushes last week’s chart-topper, Clean Bandit’s Symphony ft. Zara Larsson, down to 2 after one week at the top.

New entries and high climbers

Puerto Rican singer Luis Fonsi vaults 18 places to Number 4 with Despacito (which translates to ‘Slowly’) following the release of a new mix featuring Justin Bieber. The original version has been a hit across the world since its release back in January, topping the charts in over 20 countries.

Hip-hop star French Montana makes a big climb with Unforgettable ft. Swae Lee, up 12 spots to 12 and Cheat Codes’ No Promises ft. Demi Lovato jumps 13 to a new peak at 26.

Further down, three songs make their Top 40 debut this week: Charlie Puth’s Attention zooms from 50 to 31, Kygo’s new Ellie Goulding collaboration First Time is new at 34, and Katy Perry’s brand new track Bon Appetite ft. Migos bows at 40.

Check out this week's Top 100 Official Singles Chart in full

dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Console/PC