Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:46 pm
Kingdom Hearts and Yakuza also debuted in the top ten
Resident Evil 7: Biohazard was the best-selling game at UK retail last week, and 2017's first new number one. It's actually the third highest selling entry in the series to date (2009's Resident Evil 5 is top in this regard), although with the rise of digital sales, it's hard to say whether overall sales are up or down compared to past iterations.
Elsewhere, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8: Final Chapter Prologue debuted in third, while Yakuza 0 charted in eighth. Outside of the GfK Chart-Track top ten that you can see below, Tales of Berseria also launched last week (14th), as did Digimon World: Next Order (24th).
1. Resident Evil 7: Biohazard / Capcom
2. Grand Theft Auto V / Take Two
3. Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8: Final Chapter Prologue / Square Enix
4. FIFA 17 / EA
5. Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare / Activision
6. Rocket League / 505 Games
7. Battlefield 1 / EA
8. Yakuza 0 / Sega
9. Watch Dogs 2 / Ubisoft