Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:14 pm
EA's shooter replaces EA's football sim at the top of the charts
EA and DICE are having a good time with the launch of Battlefield 1. According to the GfK Chart-Track top ten, the new game bested the combined week one sales of both previous titles in the series - Battlefield 4 and Battlefield: Hardline - here in the UK.
FIFA 17, Mafia III and Gears of War 4 all saw losses in terms of their respective sales, with FIFA and Gears slipping down in places to make way for Battlefield 1. Civilization VI also debuted at number 15 (no doubt it did quite well digitally), and Lego Harry Potter Collection charted at number 19.
Here is the top ten in full:
1. Battlefield 1 / EA Games
2. FIFA 17 / EA Sports
3. Mafia III / 2K Games
4. Gears of War 4 / Microsoft
5. Batman: Return to Arkham / Warner Bros. Interactive
6. WWE 2K17 / 2K Sports
7. Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration / Square Enix
8. Forza Horizon 3 / Microsoft
9. Grand Theft Auto V / Rockstar
10. Minecraft Xbox Edition / Microsoft