Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:24 pm
Almost half the top 20 selling games are new entries in this week's UK charts
FIFA 17 managed its third straight week at the top of the UK all formats chart, fending off the challenge from the likes of Gears of War 4, Mafia III, and WWE 2K17. Gears of War 4 on Xbox One was the best selling single format game last week.
This week saw a massive 80 new SKUs released, and as you'd expect that meant there was both winners and losers in the charts. Naturally the launch of PSVR was the big story, and a whole bunch of the games made the charts. Top ranked was PlayStation VR Worlds (#7 all formats), Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (#9), RIGS Mechanized Combat League (#12), Eve: Valkyrie (#20), Driveclub VR (#23), and Battlezone (#28). Impressive showing, even if perhaps there wasn't a standout title that everyone got at launch.
Such was the onslaught that Grand Theft Auto V was pushed out of the all formats top 10 (when did that happen last?), and Pro Evolution Soccer 2017 was pushed out of the top 20. Last week's number 7 Xcom 2 is down to number 27.
1. FIFA 17 / EA Sports
2. Gears of War 4 / Microsoft (new)
3. Mafia III / 2K Games
4. WWE 2K17 / 2K Sports (new)
5. Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration / Square Enix (new)
6. Forza Horizon 3 / Microsoft
7. PlayStation VR Worlds / Sony (new)
8. Skylanders Imaginators / Activision (new)
9. Until Dawn: Rush of Blood / Sony (new)
10. Rocket League / 505 Games