Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:03 pm
Overwatch and World of Warcraft: Legion sandwich Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
World of Warcraft: Legion launched this week, and Blizzard are top of the UK retail charts. You'd be forgiven for thinking that these two events were related, but actually it's Overwatch that takes top spot this week's chart, a return to first place on the leaderboard that makes it the Blizzard game that has enjoyed the most weeks at number one in the UK.
Legion, the new expansion for World of Warcraft, might have done better if digital sales were taken into account, but they're not, and as such it ended up in third place. Interestingly the retail sales for Legion don't measure up to those enjoyed by previous release Warlords of Draenor, even if the expansion is the highest charting debut of the past week.
There was also a couple of debuts outside of the top ten that you can see below. God Eater 2: Rage Burst landed in 21, while the GOTY edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt ended up in 17.
1. Overwatch - Blizzard / Activision
2. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Eidos Montreal / Square Enix
3. World of Warcraft: Legion - Blizzard / Activision
4. F1 2016 - Codemasters / Codemasters
5. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End - Naughty Dog / Sony
6. Grand Theft Auto V - Rockstar / Take 2
7. No Man's Sky - Hello Games / Sony
8. Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens - TT Games / Warner Bros.
9. Rocket League - Psynoix / 505 Games
10. Madden NFL 17 - EA Tiburon / EA