Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:54 pm
Astonishing success for Hello Games' sci-fi adventure
No Man's Sky has made a huge splash for Sony this week, with Hello Games' space adventure charting in the top spot and becoming Sony's second biggest UK release so far on PlayStation 4 (behind Uncharted 4: A Thief's End).
Equally impressive, it's the fifth best-selling new IP across ALL publishers and platforms, with the game only bettered by Destiny (PS4), Watch Dogs (PS4), The Getaway (PS2) and The Last of Us (PS3).
In other UK chart news, Mario & Sonic: Rio 2016 Olympic Games climbed up to 15th place, no doubt due to the ongoing Olympic Games in Rio.
Here's the GfK Chart-Track top ten:
1. No Man's Sky / Hello Games / Sony
2. Grand Theft Auto / Rockstar / Take Two
3. Overwatch / Blizzard / Activision
4. Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens / TT Games / Warner Bros.
5. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End / Naughty Dog / Sony
6. Rocket League / Psyonix / 505
7. FIFA 16 / EA Sports / EA
8. Doom / id Software / Bethesda
9. Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 / Treyarch / Activision
10. Minecraft: Xbox Edition / Mojang and 4J Studios / Microsoft