Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:01 pm
But it's behind Watch Dogs and Assassin's Creed 3 as Ubisoft's biggest UK launch.
The Division is breaking records left and right for Ubisoft. Already the company's biggest-selling new release over a 24-hour period, the game is now the UK's best-selling Q1 release.
That makes it the most popular game to be released between January 1 and March 31 ever - or at least since records began. It outpaced previous record holder Gran Turismo 4, which made its UK debut all the way back on March 9, 2004.
However, while it's Ubisoft's biggest new release globally, launch sales were behind Watch Dogs and Assassin's Creed 3 in the UK.
Still it's a great start for the shooter, which made 54% of sales on the PS4, compared to 45% on Xbox One.
It tops the chart above fellow Ubisoft title Far Cry Primal, which is followed by Call of Duty: Black Ops 3, FIFA 16 and Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2.
Elsewhere, LEGO Marvel's Avengers charts at six, GTA 5 remains at seven, Forza 6 climbs to eight, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD drops to nine and Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege charts at ten.
The all-format gaming chart in full:
Leisure software charts compiled by Chart Track, (C) 2015 Ukie Ltd.
- The Division (Ubisoft)
- Far Cry Primal (Ubisoft)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 (Activision)
- FIFA 16 (EA)
- Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 (EA)
- LEGO Marvel's Avengers (Warner Bros)
- GTA 5 (Rockstar)
- Forza Motorsport 6 (Microsoft)
- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Nintendo)
- Rainbow Six: Siege (Ubisoft)
- Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls Collection (Sony)
- Minecraft Xbox Edition (Mojang)
- Assassin's Creed Syndicate (Ubisoft)
- LEGO Jurassic World (Warner Bros)
- Minecraft PlayStation Edition (Mojang)
- Minecraft Story Mode (Mojang)
- Rise of the Tomb Raider (Square Enix)
- Star Wars Battlefront (EA)
- Metal Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain (Konami)
- WWE 2K16 (2K Sports)