Tue May 06, 2014 3:04 pm
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 has ended Titanfall's reign at the top of the all-format chart.
Activision's Spider-Man movie tie-in is the firm's first number one since Call of Duty: Ghosts. It charts higher than 2012's The Amazing Spider-Man, despite a 5% drop in sales.
Titanfall drops one place to second, above a football double-header of FIFA 14 in third and 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil in fourth.
Ubisoft's Child of Light is this week's second highest new entry at nine, charting between The LEGO Movie Video Game and Battlefield 4.
The Deluxe Edition retail release contains bonus items and collectibles, as well as a download code for the game itself.
Dark Souls 2 benefits from the launch of the PC version, climbing four places from 18 to 14. It is followed by Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes and Infamous: Second Son.
Mario Golf: World Tour narrowly fails to break the top-20, charting at 22 in its first week on sale.
The top 20 in full:
1. (-) The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Activision)
2. (1) Titanfall (Electronic Arts)
3. (4) FIFA 14 (Electronic Arts)
4. (2) 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil (Electronic Arts)
5. (3) Call of Duty: Ghosts (Activision)
6. (6) Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (Microsoft)
7. (5) LEGO: The Hobbit (Warner Bros)
8. (8) The LEGO Movie Videogame (Warner Bros Interactive)
9. (-) Child of Light (Ubisoft)
10. (10) Battlefield 4 (Electronic Arts)
11. (12) LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (Warner Bros Interactive)
12. (7) South Park: The Stick of Truth (Ubisoft)
13. (9) Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare (Electronic Arts)
14. (18) Dark Souls 2 (Namco Bandai)
15. (16) Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes (Konami)
16. (15) Infamous: Second Son (Sony)
17. (11) Assassin's Creed 4 (Ubisoft)
18. (13) Grand Theft Auto 5 (Rockstar Games)
19. (14) Trials Fusion (Ubisoft)
20. (20) Batman: Arkham Origins (Warner Bros Interactive)
Leisure software charts compiled by Chart Track, (C) 2014 UKIE Ltd.