Ubisoft's 'I Am Alive' not likely on PC due to piracy

Ubisoft's 'I Am Alive' not likely on PC due to piracy

Postby dutchman » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:45 am

I Am Alive is not currently planned for release on PC alongside Xbox Live Arcade and PlayStation Network.

Speaking with IncGamers, the game's creative director stated that due to the high rate of piracy, a PC version of the game might not be worth making.

"It's hard because there's so much piracy and so few people are paying for PC games that we have to precisely weigh it up against the cost of making it," creative director Stanislas Mettra said.

"Perhaps it will only take 12 guys three months to port the game to PC, it's not a massive cost but it's still a cost. If only 50,000 people buy the game then it's not worth it."

"We've heard loud and clear that PC gamers are bitching about there being no version for them," Mettra added. "But are these people just making noise just because there's no version or because it's a game they actually want to play? Would they buy it if we made it?"

Ubisoft, the studio publishing I Am Alive, has received harsh criticism in the past from fans for anti-piracy measures in its PC games requiring a constant internet connection to play.

Originally scheduled for early 2009, I Am Alive is scheduled for a 2011 release on Xbox Live Arcade and PlayStation Network.
dutchman
Site Admin

Return to Console/PC